Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pregnant After A Loss.

Three years ago I wrote the hardest and most heartbreaking blog post.
I was pregnant with my first child and come to find out it was Ectopic.

For those who do not know what an Ectopic pregnancy is, its when the egg doesn't 
fully make it out of the Fallopian tube and attaches itself inside. There is no safe way to 
save the pregnancy and if it goes on to long the mother can possibly die.

Scary. Very much so. It was the most terrifying and tragic experience ever.
But as time goes on we morn the loss and wounds heal but you are left with 
the nagging feeling that once you have one Ectopic your chances of having another are 15%.

With those odds against me and just being 22 I thought God had an unfair sense of humor and
from that moment on I was terrified of ever getting pregnant and was afraid I would never be
able to have a baby of my own so I started birth control and let it all ride and didn't think about it.


Fast forward three years...

Girl meets boy... They start a relationship...They fall in love... Move in together... Get two dogs who they think will be their children for a long time and then they get the surprise of their lives.


Baby Reynolds is Expected September 12, 2015


When I first took that pregnancy test I kept telling myself there was nothing to worry about and it would be negative because I thought all the symptoms I was having were all in my head...

SURPRISE.... It immediately came back positive and I freaked out... 
With my past pregnancy I had a million thoughts running through my head and all I 
remember is breaking down crying and telling Brandon I couldn't go through this again...

 After a long talk and after I finally calmed down we made a plan for me to get to my Dr
as soon as possible to make sure everything was OK and where it is suppose to be. I found out
I was pregnant on a Friday and was at the Dr by Tuesday. Of course I was terrified and didn't want 
to go alone so I took my dads girlfriend with me since she has been such a positive influence about it.

Check in at the Dr office and then the wait is on.... Finally they call me back for my ultrasound
and at this point I am shaking like a leaf but I have the sweetest ultrasound tech and when she showed me the sac was there and said that everything was right where it should be I just broke down crying that this was for real we are going to have a baby.

Fast forward 4 weeks... 9 Week Ultrasound... Baby is growing like a weed and has a 
perfect heartbeat coming in at 170 beats per minute!


After this ultrasound I FINALLY felt comfortable enough to start buying baby things and tell everyone that we are expecting! It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my chest.

I still have my worries and to be honest I probably wont be OK until I have a crying baby in my arms but I'm OK with that and make it a point to keep my worries in the back of my head...

Getting pregnant after a loss is probably one of the scariest things but you have to remember not to let that fear paralyze you and that every pregnancy isn't the same. If you spend to much time dwelling on the what ifs and the worries you wont be able to enjoy being pregnant and knowing you have a new baby on the way. So just take a breath sit back relax and rub your belly while its still flat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment